Food and Drug Safety
The QA Veterinarian Section is staffed by three military personnel experts in their field (two officers and one enlisted from the Army and the Air Force, respectively). QA-VET personnel oversee matters of public health / consumer protection related to food safety and quality, over-the-counter (OTC) nonprescription drugs, and health and beauty care (HBC) products.
Our staff continually maintains close relations with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and other federal, state and military agencies to ensure consumer protection, food quality and product safety. A daily coordinated effort with the U.S. Army Veterinary Services, U.S. Army Preventive Medicine and the U.S. Air Force Public Health personnel executes inspection of commercial food manufacturing facilities in addition to inspection of our 2,300+ Exchange retail food operations.
Veterinary and Public Health Newsletter
This periodical publication provides information and assistance to Preventive Medicine, Public Health, Veterinary Services, and Exchange management and associates from the food and services areas.
- Nov 2013, Issue Number: 04-13
- July 2013, Issue Number: 03-13
- March 2013, Issue Number: 02-13
- Jan 2013, Issue Number: 01-13
- Oct 2012, Issue Number: 13-01
- Sept 2011, Issue Number: 11-03
- June 2011, Issue Number: 11-02
- March 2011, Issue Number: 11-01
- Dec 2010, Issue Number: 10-04
- Sept 2010, Issue Number: 10-03
- June 2010, Issue Number: 10-02
- March 2010, Issue Number: 10-01
- Sept 2009, Issue Number: 09-01
- May 2007, Issue Number: 07-01
Download Adobe Acrobat to view pdf documents.