Price Match Policy
Although the Exchange has always price matched overseas, this guidance provides additional information concerning how to process these transactions. For overseas locations, use the conversion buy exchange rate that is posted in the cashier’s cage. This is a daily exchange rate that has been obtained from the local community bank or the military finance office. This exchange rate is valid until such time that the next day’s rate has been posted.
Exchange Retail Program
- The Exchange retail stores will match a local competitor's current price on any identical stock assortment item for the customer who makes the price challenge. "Identical" is defined as the same brand, same manufacturer, and same model number. For softlines, an identical item has to be the same size, color, brand and style. Though advertised most heavily in main stores, it is important to remember that our We’ll Match It! policy applies to all the Exchange retail stores, to include Shoppettes, Class Six, Car Care, and troop stores. This applies to all normally carried items whether they are in stock or not. An example of this would be tires that are line priced on the contract; we realize space is an issue and that most tires are ordered. These types of orders would not be considered special orders.
- The Exchange retail stores worldwide will accept oral price challenges (based on the customer's word) on identical stock assortment items from local competitors. Price differences up to $10 will be honored on the spot. A local competitor is defined as a retailer doing business in the community where the Exchange is located to include warehouse clubs. This includes the Exchange, Navy and Marine exchanges.
- The Exchange retail stores worldwide have a 14-Day Price Guarantee on any item originally purchased from the Exchange and subsequently sold at a lower price by the Exchange, or any local competitor.
- The Exchange retail stores worldwide will not accept price match challenges from any outside retail catalog or outside internet site.
- The Exchange retail stores worldwide will match pricing on identical items found in the Exchange Catalog or shopmyexchange.com with the exception of the following categories: fine jewelry, collectible giftware, crystal and closeouts. In addition, Special Orders and Exchange Online Mall are excluded as well as Wireless Phones and Wireless Data Cards.
There are two types of price challenges:
- Regular - To get a reduced price, a customer must bring in a current competitor's ad. If the customer making the challenge does not have such an ad, verify the price by getting the ad or calling the competitor. A "local competitor's current ad" is defined as an ad which clearly shows inclusive current dates and is sponsored by a retailer doing business in the community where the Exchange is located. This includes Navy and Marine exchanges, plus other Exchanges which may have developed their own local promotion fliers.
- Oral - A customer may tell us they know our price is higher than a competitor's. We will accept their word and charge the lower price up to a difference of $10. This will be approved immediately by the cashier-checker or sales associate. No competitor's ad or any other proof is required. Price challenges under $10 do not require supervisor or managerial approval. Price challenges over $10 should have such approval before being given.
When to Give a Price Break
To get the price break, the competitor's item must be identical to the item in the Exchange store. "Identical" is defined as: same brand, same manufacturer, and same model number. For softlines, an identical item has to be the same size, color, brand and style.
If it is uncertain whether or not an item is identical, a "common sense approach" will be used and we will give the customer the benefit of the doubt -- ensuring the credibility of the program.
Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com
- The Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com will match a lower price (including shipping and handling) from other online retailers on any identical stock assortment item currently available for sale and delivery to the customer’s area. "Identical" is defined as: same brand, same manufacturer, and same model number. For softlines, an identical item has to be the same size, color, brand and style. Exceptions include refurbished items, used items, auctioned items, fine jewelry, collectible giftware, crystal, closeouts, special orders and Exchange Online Mall concession sites.
- The Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com will match the Exchange retail stores pricing on identical items found in an Exchange retail store. Normal shipping and handling charges will apply. Fine jewelry, collectible giftware, crystal, closeouts, special orders, and Exchange Online Mall concession sites are excluded.
- The Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com have a 14-Day Price Guarantee on any item originally purchased from the Exchange Catalog or shopmyexchange.com and subsequently sold at a lower price by the Exchange Catalog, shopmyexchange.com, or any competitor. The 14-Day Price Guarantee does not apply to Exchange Online Mall concession sites or special orders.
- To receive the reduced price the customer must contact our Customer Relations Department.
- The We’ll Match It! Program does not apply to Exchange Online Mall concession sites.
Program Exceptions (The Exchange Retail, the Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com)
- The Exchange Retail, Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com will not match prices on auction sites, refurbished goods, gray market items and unauthorized dealers.
- The Exchange Retail, Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com will not match commissary prices.
- Other exclusions include: bonus or free offers, clearance prices, and closeout prices. Exclusions also include special orders service contracts, automotive labor and services, special order automotive parts, installation, delivery, or assembly services. Other items include mail in rebates, instant “In-store” rebates, store coupons, double and triple coupon offers, flat percentage off items, and gasoline. This also includes items advertised as special offers or promotions, free-with-purchase offers, limited quantity offers, bundled promotions and special financing.
- In Military Clothing stores, official military clothing and accessories are excluded.
- Any store selling tobacco cannot accept price challenges for sale prices that are below the cost to the Exchange.
- Alcohol price challenges will only be accepted from within the state or district of the Exchange.
Should you have a question concerning a price contact our Customer Relations Department.