...a team of dedicated people committed to increasing the value of the Exchange while continuing to give back.
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service remains a team of dedicated people committed to increasing the value of the Exchange benefit while continuing to give back to the military community. The senior leadership team pledges to engage so that everyone is aligned with our focus on delivering quality goods and services at competitively low prices with superior service. Together, we will make a difference in the quality of life of the Service Members and their Families.
The Exchange is commanded by a Director/Chief Executive Officer who reports to a Board of Directors. The Board of Directors membership is established by Joint Service Regulation AR15-110 / AFI34-201(I).
In addition to the Exchange Director/Chief Executive Officer and a general officer representing the Reserve Components, board membership consists of:
- A. The Board will consist of the following voting members:
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Manpower and Personnel, U.S. Air Force (USAF A1).
- Deputy Chief of Staff, G–4 (DCS, G–4), U.S Army.
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Personnel Oversight).
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Force Management Integration).
- Military Deputy for Budget, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management and Comptroller).
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Budget).
- Europe member (Deputy Commanding General, U.S Army Europe or Vice Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe).
- Commander, Army and Air Force Exchange Service.
- Pacific Rim (PACRIM) member (Deputy Commander, U.S. Army Pacific or Vice Commander, Pacific Air Forces).
- Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, G–1 (DCS, G–1), U.S Army.
- Director of Services, U.S. Air Force.
- A general officer representing the Reserve Components for a two-year rotating appointment beginning January 1993.
- Commander, U.S. Army Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Command.
- Director of Budget Operations, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Budget).
- Sergeant Major of the Army.
- Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force.
- Army member-at-large for a 1–year appointment renewable up to 3 years.
- Air Force member-at-large for a 1–year appointment renewable up to 3 years.
- B. The PACRIM member will be from the same Service as the Board chair, and the Europe member will be from the opposite Service.
Although the Exchange is a worldwide military activity, there are only 72 military positions authorized. The Exchange has more than 43,000 civilian associates dedicated to serving our customers in the United States and around the world.